Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Upcoming Feature - Shopping by Phone

I am working on few features right now Tag Syndication and the comparison shopping by phone. One of the cool things about WAP enabling the web application is that your feeds will be available via phone so you can set up a custom feed to operate as a shopping list and have it available via mobile phone. That would save on searching via phone (which is always a hassle because of the lack of a keyboard) because you would simple login and have your feeds available. While working on these features I will also be making some small changes like the ones I did yesterday. Allowing users to set their preference on the order of providers is one feature I am likely to do these week. Currently the displayed order is Shopping.com, Yahoo Shopping, Amazon, Amazon Marketplace, and Ebay. Some people may want to change that order - I chose that order because it seemed to me during testing that it gave fairly interesting and relatively accurate results. Yahoo currently doesn't allow comparison shopping via UPC which would be the most accurate but their search by product name is fairly accurate.

No comments: